Friday, November 23, 2012

Five Friday Favorites

This week I am writing this post from Rome, Italy! It is my last big trip before heading back across the big pond to home. To say that I am excited to go home is a bit of an understatement. I have loved my time here, but I am so ready to see my family, which allows me to begin with my first favorite.

1. Remy. He has a cute name. He has adorable blonde curls. He has bright, blue eyes. And he is the best nephew a girl could ask for. Seriously. I talk about him a lot, I have tons of pictures of him and with him, and I have no shame in the fact that I am absolutely crazy about this kid. I miss him so bad, and I am so ready to be home so that I can see him. We will have so much to catch up on, and I have already promised him practically all my time :) Just look at what a great pair we make!



2. Another favorite thing of mine is good ol' home cooked food, especially on a day like yesterday where it was Thanksgiving, and I had to have my dinner in a restaurant. It's just not the same folks. Honestly, it was a little depressing, and even though I enjoyed my meal there is nothing that can replace a thanksgiving that is spent with family and a warm home cooked, grandma style meal. There just isn't.

3. I LOVE reading blogs. I just have this fascination with what other people have to share about their lives whether it be comedic or just good advice. One of my favorites to read is a blog called Hopes & Dreams. She is funny, and she has a good advice, so you should check her out! Another one that I love is called Today's Letters. They are an adorable couple, and I would love to have a relationship like their's someday! Those two are probably the ones that I keep up with the most and they are definitely worth your time.

4. I watch a ton of shows, and I probably should not be so invested in all of them, but I am. However, there are two shows that I am absolutely in love with and one is called Once Upon a Time. It is based off all of the fairytales I heard about as a child, but there are different twists and connections, and it always surprises me. I just love all of the characters, and since I love fairytales this is the perfect show for me. The other one is Downton Abbey. If you have never watched this show you need to because it is WONDERFUL. It is set in the early 1900's, which is a time period that I am obsessed with, and their clothing is fantastic. That show just sucks you in and never lets you go. It's so addicting, but it's a BBC show, so I have to savor each episode because there only like 10 a season. It just finished it's 3rd season, and I am already so excited for the new season... in a year. 

                 
















5. Traveling. I absolutely LOVE to travel, especially out of the country. I have this dream that I will be able to step foot on all 7 continents. I live in North America, and I have been to Europe and Africa. I have no idea when or why I would go to Asia, Australia, South America, and especially Antartica, but I really hope that I will get the opportunity to. This semester abroad has fed and further ignited the travel bug within me. I may have decided that I do not want to live in another country, but that does not stop the desire in me to want to see as many places as I can in my lifetime. I have already been blessed a million times over with what I have seen, but I am always hungry for more :) Here's just another sneak peek at my Rome trip!


Pretty incredible, huh? That would be the infamous Fontana de Trevi aka the Trevi Fountain, which is absolutely gorgeous at night, and it is so much bigger than I had originally thought. Now that is just one of the many sights I have been able to see these past 3 months, and I can't wait to see more! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday week! I only have 2 more days left in Rome, and hopefully I will have a post up soon after, so stay tuned! Til Next Time.




No comments:

Post a Comment