Friday, January 18, 2013

Five Friday Favorites

So, I know that I have been a wee bit behind on these, but things have been a little crazy and disorienting since I came back from Europe. The exciting thing though is that I am all moved back into school, and I am ready to go for this semester! Anywho, I give you today's Five Friday Favorites:

1. My friend told me about this new website called Wanelo, that is like Pinterest, however on this site everything is linked to the site where you can actually buy the object. Now that's one scary site because I could probably spend many hours on there and blow a lot of money, so I definitely have to be careful, but I absolutely love it because it's a great way to find gifts for others! They have a lot of the same stuff as Pinterest, but instead of leading you to pictures or other people's blogs, 9 times out of 10 it takes you to the store. It's pretty great! Check it out by clicking here!

2. For Christmas, my brother bought my sister-in-law a bottle of perfume and a smaller sample came with it so he gave that to me along with other things, but honestly I didn't give it much thought. I decided to try it out the other day and low and behold it smells amazing. I absolutely love it because it's not too strong or overpowering and it lasts practically all day. It's called BCBG Bon Chic. Yeah, it's the real deal. If I was rich I would buy my own bottle of it, but alas I am a poor college student. I would say that it is definitely a great perfume for anyone who does not like overpowering smells, but still wants to smell good! Click here to check out the website! And just look at how pretty the bottle is :)




3. Last year I ran across a verse in Hebrews that basically says "Hope is an anchor to the soul." It's Hebrews 6:19, and I have no idea why it resonated with me so much, but it did and my love for anchors developed. To me it is a symbol of hope. A sign that reminds me to stay grounded in the mission of God. I now have anchor earrings, an anchor bracelet, anchor paintings, and even an anchor shirt. I think obsessed might be an understatement. There is just something about them that catches my eye and draws me to them.

4. This semester I am finally getting into my major because all I have our education classes. I am so excited about this, especially now after being involved in my J-Term class. This week I had an art class basically for elementary kids. I learned so many new things about how to integrate art into my future classroom. I have had some doubts about elementary education, but this class ignited that fire back in me to work with kids. I cannot wait to become a teacher and see the kids' eyes light up when they create something themselves or when they gain an understanding of the lesson I teach. Right now, I feel good about the place that I am at, and I cannot wait to be in my practicum this semester. It's gonna be a blast! Here is just a few art projects that I accomplished this week:


Needless to say, it was a wonderfully fun class, and I cannot wait to do some of these activities with my own students one day.

5. My last favorite of the week is Pitch Perfect. Some of you may have seen my post a few weeks ago about the main actor, Skylar Astin, and he is a major part of why I love this movie so much, but it's not just him. Rebel Wilson is hilarious, and the music is so catchy that I even got the soundtrack, and I cannot even tell you how many times I have listened to it. I have seen the movie a multitude of times, and I can easily quote it now. It's a must see if you want to feel better about your day because it will have you laughing so hard your belly will hurt, and I bet by the end you will be wanting to sing along with them. I suggest all of you stop reading this post right now and go find it and watch it! Here is a sneak preview if you have never seen or heard of it before:



And that wraps up this week's favorites! I hope you all enjoyed, and have a great weekend everyone!

Til Next Time.

1 comment: