Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sister Sister :)

Today I will be sharing with you all how awesome my sister is. This is her and her husband, Will.

There is just about six years between my sister and I, and we were not always as close as we are now. Growing up, I remember a time when we practically got into a fist fight because it was swelteringly hot outside and our car had just broken down. I also remember the time when she punched me in the stomach for not getting out of her room, when our older brother, Cody, came home from college one weekend. Despite all of that though I love my sister, an enormous amount, and for those of you who do not have the privilege of having a sister I must say that you are most definitely missing out! I moved to college last semester and that meant living less than 15 minutes away from her which I was pretty excited about. I normally see her a few times a week, and I know that I can call her whenever. For example, I called her last night, and she took time in between her clients to just have some sister to sister talk, and I really appreciated that because I really needed my sister yesterday. Sometimes I go over and have dinner with her and Will, and practically every Thursday we have lunch together in Campus Center. Thursday lunches are by far my favorite of the whole week. 
My sister is a counselor and right now she is getting her Masters degree in counseling, and she will graduate in May! Yay! She has been working hard the past two years to finish it, and I will just say that I am one proud sister :) She is pretty great, and she is one of the hardest working people I know. Not only is she beautiful, but she is creative, hard working, and an extremely powerful woman of God. The latter is one of the reasons why I look up to her so much. I feel like she is always following what God wants her to do, and I can see His light shining through her. I aspire to be more like her every day. I don't know if she knows that I think all these things, but I look up to my sister a lot. I used to even be jealous of her when I was younger because my sister is the girl that everyone always loves. Which is another reason why I am proud to call her my sister. I swear even when she has a bad day she is nice to most everyone. Now, family is an exception because that's just what happens when you are family, the frustration gets taken out on you. But I don't mind too much :) Last semester, my college had a homecoming and my sister did my hair and make up and I felt gorgeous. This is a picture of us!
Aren't we just adorable? :)
I will say it again, I LOVE my sister and I would not want anyone else to be my sister but her because she is just that great. I never fully appreciated her until this past half year or so. She has lots of wonderful insight and advice that I always take to heart. She knows what she believes and she stands up for it. She is strong willed and when her mind is set on something she will accomplish it and I wish I had that endurance. She is also probably one of the most confident people I know and that was one of the things that attracted her husband to her :) He told me that one time when we were talking! Which speaking of Will, my short shout out to him, he is pretty great himself. Larissa was lucky to find such a great man of God, and I am glad that he treats her the way that she deserves. I hope to have a marriage not exactly like theirs, but when I see them together I can just see the love oozing out of them which is cute, but some days it is just sickening :p I still love them both though! Anyways, back to my sister, I look forward to continuing to grow closer to her while at college. I know that I can trust her with anything, and she will always be one of the few people who will understand me, even when I don't always. My sister is passionate about anything she does, and I love seeing her work towards something she wants because it gives me someone to model myself after. I am my own person, and I know she does not expect me to be like her, but if I had to pick someone to be like it would be her. I wish all of you could meet her because I know that she would make an impression in her life like she has mine, despite the fact that she is my sister, and I will always love her no matter what :) Larissa, if you ever read this, know that I love you more than life itself, and I thank God for you every day because there could never be a sister that is as wonderful and amazing as you. I know that I can always come to you, and even though I may not always like what you have to say, deep down I know that you are probably right! I can't wait to go to Africa with you and Will and see what God has in store for us there :) 
Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment